Have you read the book “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee? Harper Lee is an American Novelist. Her famous book, To Kill a Mockingbird went on to become a classic of modern American Literature. Inspired by the observations made by family and neighbors in her hometown, Harper Lee wrote books based on fiction, drama, and mystery.
We share with you 15 Unforgettable Quotes by Harper Lee today.
Harper Lee Quotes and Sayings that you will Never Forget –
- “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”
- “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.”
- “Writing is something you’ll never learn in any university or at any school. It’s something that is within you, and if it isn’t there, nothing can put it there.”
- “Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”
- “Writing is a process of self-discipline you must learn before you can call yourself a writer. There are people who write, but I think they’re quite different from people who must write.”
- “There are some men in this world who are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us. Your father’s one of them.”
- “You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”
- “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand.”
- “We’re paying the highest tribute you can pay a man. We trust him to do right. It’s that simple.”
- “Things are always better in the morning.”
- “Try fighting with your head for a change… it’s a good one, even if it does resist learning.”
- “I’m little but I’m old.”
- “A man can condemn his enemies, but it’s wiser to know them.”
Which of these powerful and unforgettable Harper Lee Quotes do you like? Do share with us your favorite ones in the comments section below.
*Featured Image By Eric Draper – White House photo by Eric Draper (Wikipedia)