In life, you have to take the pace that love goes. You don’t force it. You just don’t force love, you don’t force falling in love, you don’t force being in love – you just become. I don’t know how to say that in English, but you just feel it.
—Juan Pablo Galavis
We often fall in love with others but it’s time to think differently, love yourself first, because that’s who you will be spending the rest of your life with. Your relationship with yourself sets the bench mark for every other relationship you have.Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in all optimistic ways. Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing happily, confidently.
The more you love yourself, the less nonsense you’ll tolerate. Let’s devote this year to loving yourself more?Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.The fact that someone else loves you doesn’t take you away from loving yourself.” Always remember “Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish – it makes you indestructible.”
If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. Trust me, If you don’t love yourself, nobody else is going to love you.
Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.
We have to learn to be our own best friends, because sometimes we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. We love the idea of others loving us, and we forget to love ourselves.
What we must realize is that our greatest task is not about discovering self-love; it’s about breaking down the walls we have built against it. When we have the courage to push through these walls – to know and embrace ourselves, despite our limitations, our flaws, and our rejections – we also open the door to connecting in more caring, empathic and intimate ways with others who are truly worth loving.
Sharing few of my beliefs which enable me to fall in love with my own self over and over again?
- Overcome negative beliefs: Many people have trouble letting go of negative thoughts that they have about themselves. These negative thoughts often come from outside people whose opinion we value and from whom we seek love and acceptance.
- Discard your negative filter. Focusing only on the negatives in your life is a bad habit. Excessive focus on negative or less favorable events in your life can make these events seem disproportionately important.
- Do not assume that the worst can happen. It can be easy to fall into the assumption that the very worst outcome will happen with every situation. However, changing your inner thoughts to be realistic or truthful can help you avoid the generalization or exaggeration that accompanies assuming the worst.
- List your positive attributes and reflect on them daily
- Give yourself the gift of time.
- Celebrate and reward yourself.
- Do things that make you feel HAPPPPYYYYY !!
Wishing all the readers a very happy valentine’s day!