Book Title: The Vixen
Author: Ketaki Patwardhan Nirkhi
Published By: Notion Press
No. of pages: 196
The Vixen by Ketaki Patwardhan Nirkhi is a plot-driven story with many characters closely knit. Gargi Puri and Nandini are close friends. Gargi is getting married, and Nandini has a crush on Gargi’s brother Anupam. But one day, Anupam returns home with his girlfriend, Tanya. Though Nandini convinces herself, suspicion rises whenever she sees Tanya.
Order your copy of the book now from – Amazon
[Storizen uses affiliate links]
On closer observation, Gargi and Nandini confirm that Tanya is up to the wreckage of the family. Their observations and quest to know about Tanya makes them dig deep into the family and the buried secrets.
This family drama is a well-written, tight plot with no loose ends, with every chapter engaging and exciting. There are central, prominent, and important characters, and the author has given ample space and scope to all of them.
The story flows smoothly and in a linear fashion. Though it is predictable sometimes, the immediate unexpected sequences will surely surprise the readers. This is a good entertainer and a recommended read.
What to Expect
- Expect an entertainer in every sense with every element.
- Expect a family that stays together in crisis, giving hope.
- Expect a story that talks about the importance of transparency amongst the family members.
- Expect a story with twists and turns and a family’s fight against evil.
Who Can Read?
The story is for every reader interested in family dramas with a tinge of mystery and suspense. The book is suitable for beginner-level readers as well as regular readers. The gripping narration will also please voracious readers who generally read serious fiction.
Grammar & Vocabulary
Simple and refined language with adequate vocabulary is used in the book. The Vixen, authored by Ketaki Patwardhan, is published by Notion Press, whose books are famous for quality paper, remarkable stories, and comfortable font. The book’s aesthetics also help readers pick up, so this book is recommended.
The plot has ups and downs, emotional outbursts, and mystery and thriller elements with twists and turns, making the book readable. Readers familiar with suspense family movies, TV serials, or web series will certainly find this story relatable.
What Did I Like
1. The plot
2. Nandini and Gargi’s characters
3. Intelligent usage of Social Media to unearth the secrets.
4. Balanced emotional roles of Rishabh and Abhay.
5. Honesty and affection between the characters.
6. Little nuances of romance and love that are shown beautifully.
What Could Have Been Better
The story is smooth flowing and engaging. No drawbacks are found.
A perfect family saga with emotions, suspense, and morals.
Pick it if
- You like to read family-based thrillers.
- You appreciate the portrayal of female characters as strong women.
Follow @storizenmag on Instagram
Connect with us on facebook.com/Storizenmag
Follow us on twitter.com/storizenmag
Follow us on Issuu and never miss another issue from us
Read more stories in Storizen Magazine June 2022 issue featuring Nick Maggiulli here.