‘Covid-19’ or commonly termed as ‘Corona virus’, a pandemic that dragged everyone’s personal and professional life totally into a new regime since March 2020. No one in the whole world was spared. In India, we all are experiencing the second wave of it nowadays which is even more deadly than the first wave. Many of us have already lost some of the near and dear ones, while some of our loved ones still fighting with this disease. It has not only impacted our physical health but the fear and consequences associated with it have affected our mental health too. I along with my whole family was also not spared, and we too were affected by this disease a few days back. While being in isolation in March and then in April taking care of my family members that went in isolation due to Covid-19, I realized that the following tips could be of some benefit for safeguarding your physical and mental health in this pandemic:-
For Physical Health (Most of these tips have already been shared over Social media or by Doctors, but still want to share as I personally benefitted through them):-
- Must take/do (at least 3 times in a day) – Steam, Gargels(Betadine gargles are good ones, but you can simply do Turmeric and Salt gargles too).
- Always take all medicines as and when prescribed by your Doctor/Physician. Never miss any dose.
- Take Vitamin C as much as possible, either in form of tablets, or other products like Lemon and Citrus fruits.
- Should add some multivitamin and Zinc tablets to your routine.
- Keep monitoring your SPO2 level and Temperature daily multiple times.
- If your SPO2 level drops below 94, must start doing breathing exercises immediately, as that can prove as ‘Panacea treatment’ at that time, and you might need not look for Oxygen cylinders.
- Always keep any paracetamol handy whenever you start feeling feverish.
- Take a good, healthy, and proper diet.
- Take Ayush Kaadha or homemade Kaadha at least once a day.
- Use Sanitizers/Disinfectants to keep your home/items/surfaces disinfected.
- Keep washing/sanitizing hands properly.
- Even after getting recovered from Covid-19, refrain yourself from doing hard physical exercise and junk food for some days at least, because that time your body is fighting post covid weakness and immunity is also a bit low. Thus, it needs proper rest and homemade healthy food at that time.
For Mental Health:-
- If you or any of your loved ones get affected by Coronavirus, don’t get panic. Instead, calm yourself and the patient and take appropriate actions (some of which mentioned above).
- Don’t lose heart if get prone to this disease, instead of fighting it with full courage and dedication.
- Do not listen to much of the negative news related to Pandemic, this will create more fear in mind. Instead, shift focus to some positive things.
- If feasible, do some meditation in the morning. This will help in relaxing your mind.
- I, personally, found Spirituality a good means of creating positive vibes.
- If feasible, try to engage yourself in your hobby. This will divert your mind from the negativity going around and will help in soothing your mind too.
In the last, don’t forget the major mantra – “Wear masks and don’t move out unless necessary. If need be to go out, then properly follow the protocols and maintain social distancing too.” Hope the whole world will get out of this pandemic soon, and humanity will be saved!
Disclaimer – The tips given in this article are for informational purposes only. It does not intend to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your medical health practitioner before making any changes to your diet.
Subscribe to Storizen to learn more about your favorite authors and to receive tips on writing and marketing your books combined in a single package – Storizen Magazine personally in your inbox!