Travelling in Summer could be fun but only if you are well equipped to fight the heat. While summer looks like an ideal time to travel the west side of the world, it may be a little tedious to travel in summer especially in tropical regions like India.
Anyway, just in case you are a first time traveller in summer, here is what you need to take with you on your trip.
- Loads of sunscreen: You just cannot skip this. Whether you are a male or female, it doesn’t matter. Make it a point to carry your sunscreen whenever you step in sun. Sunscreen would help you to keep away harmful sun rays that would cause tanning and blemishes further.
- Place matters: Travelling in summer could be a little daunting but you need to know that it is fun too. Ideally, you can think of skipping a road trip altogether. Hill station places are best during summer time as the weather is friendly and it doesn’t trouble you way too much.
- Airy cotton clothes: Whenever you are packing cloth pay special attention on the fabric.Pack cotton clothes are they allow the air to pass through your skin. Cotton clothes would also help in absorbing sweat which will further avoid skin problems like rashes. Pick loose cottons and linens, light colours, summery prints instead of bulking up on heavy dresses in dark colours. Flip -flops are a must when travelling in summers to keep you care free. But, remember, you need to pack light in order to travel free and at ease.
Also Read: Living Abroad Changes Your Life Forever
- Stay hydrated: While travelling you may often forget to drink water, but make it a point to remember always. Drink more juices and fluids as they would contribute in keeping your body hydrated.
- Power bank: You may not find the luxury of putting your phone on charge through a charger. It is best to invest a little in portable charger instead.
- Carry suncoat: Summer can really be unapologetic at times! Thus, it is advisable to carry a suncoat with you whenever you go. At times the summer heat literally burns the skin and to avoid such cases you must carry the suncoat with you.
- Cap or hat: Your head needs to stay covered as much a you can! Therefore we advise you to carry a hat or a cap with you wherever you go. A cap or hat shall help in becoming a barrier against the heat.
If planned right, travelling in summer can be absolutely relaxing provided you are travelling with the right things at the right place. Do you think we have missed out on any of the items that you think should be on the list? Well, then put it in the comment section below and let us know!